There are several resources you can use to make your teaching more creative and enjoyable—and we're providing them exclusively here for you.
- Description: APA provides classroom posters for psychology teachers. High-resolution posters are printed at 11x17 inches.
- Why It’s Great: The posters are created carefully and creatively by the APA. They can help you to demonstrate your idea in a visual way.
- Description: Teachers of Psychology in Secondary School (TOPSS) produces unit lesson plans for high school psychology teachers. Topics include childhood obesity, biological bases of behavior, learning, stress and health promotion.
- Why It’s Great: Lesson plans are three- to seven-day units that include a procedural timeline, a content outline, suggested resources and activities and references. Unit lesson plans are exclusive to TOPSS members.
- Description: New high school psychology teachers often ask how to design pacing calendars for their psychology classes. TOPSS also provides some sample calendars for teachers to use and consider.
- Why It’s Great: They provide examples of actual calendars from other psychology teachers. Courses vary in level, duration, and schedule of the class.
- Description: 10 modules show how psychological and educational sciences can be applied to practical instructional problems and needs.
- Why It’s Great: These modules cover many critical issues in education such as bullying, teacher-student relationships, encouragement and so on.