APA has a number of resources to help you find scholarships, funding, and awards for your work—and we've assembled them all in one place!
- Description: APA and its affiliate organizations provide a wide range of grants, scholarships and awards with the aim of advancing the science and practice of psychology as a means of understanding behavior and promoting health, education, and human welfare.
- Why It's Great: Wide range of search criteria, including topics, sponsors, funding type, recipient classification, and deadline range.
- Description: The American Psychological Foundation is seeking to seed innovation through supporting projects and programs that use psychology to solve social problems. APF grants align with our mission of enhancing psychology to elevate the human condition and advance human potential. We offer grants for early career funding and seed grants for research and for targeted programs.
- Why It's Great: Segmented presentation of awards by type and career phase, plus more robust search available.
- Description: Each year, the Science Directorate honors researchers, students and departments in psychology through various awards and honors programs. The awards are intended for researchers from all subdisciplines of psychological science and contribute to our overall mission: to communicate, facilitate, promote and represent psychological science and scientists.
- Why It's Great: APA awards segmented specifically for scientists and researchers, plus monthly updates sharing the latest federal research funding opportunities.
- Description: APA's Public Interest Directorate offers funding in many forms, from monetary awards to grants – for a wide variety of use, such as opportunities for early career research proposals, training, and conference attendance.
- Why It's Great: Funding opportunities are listed by type, with links to more detailed descriptions of each opportunity available and a list of previous awardees.
- Description: APAGS offers its members travel and training grants, research scholarships and recognition awards.
- Why It's Great: Easy to find opportunities just for students, both within APA and from other esteemed organizations.
There are also several external sources you can use for scholarships, expenses, funding, and awards for your research. Learn more >>